Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pumpkin Coffee Boost


            November is the craziest time of the entire college semester.  It is as if all the professors decide to sit down and compare turn-in dates for research papers, and decide that it is in their students’ best interest if they bottle neck all the due dates around the last two weeks of the semester.  I love how, at the drop of a hat, we have to pick a topic and write it down on paper so the professor will know the angle that each paper will take.  I don’t know about most students, but I don’t try to think of my term project first week, or even month of school, for all that matters.  I like to get into the subject matter of the class and see if there is a new idea to explore that I’d never thought of before.  Now, I need to write three lengthy non-fiction pieces, two research papers, and one short article for my Journalism class (mercifully that one is short).  Sometimes I look at my work load and ask myself, “Am I crazy?”  Tonight, after eating leftover pea soup and corn bread with a strong cup of pumpkin coffee for a little kick, I finally sat down at eight o’clock to work on finishing a paper which is due tomorrow for creative non-fiction, reading five more student essays for critique in that same class, and get started on another assignment for yet another class, sixteenth and seventeenth century British literature.  I have not even figured out how time consuming that one will be.  Hopefully, the coffee will hold out and I will get most of my work done before I go to bed.

            Pumpkin Coffee Boost

            Lots of people like to make their own individual style of coffee.  Some like it filtered, some instant, others crave cappuccino or espresso; my husband and I like Turkish coffee, in which you boil two coffee cups of water and scoop two heaping teaspoons full of Bosnian espresso (finely ground) coffee.  Let the coffee sit for at least five minutes before serving, and be careful, as this coffee can be very strong!

            For the pumpkin coffee, fill your coffee mug 2/3 full with coffee.  Add warm milk and Pumpkin Liquor to taste. (Fulton's Harvest Pumpkin Pie Cream).  I prefer this version of pumpkin coffee over the syrup version, which is way too sweet.  Drink up, energize and finish your papers. J

No comments:

Post a Comment