Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Italian Eggplant


            Forever, my daughters and I have dyed our own hair.  Wherever we went, people never knew what color to expect until they saw us.  I have sported almost every color of brown, orange, and red on the market.  Candace has gone so far as to have her hair colored like a sort of punk rainbow, which was one of my favorites.  Today is a first in dying hair history.  For the last six months my hair has been blond, (“my name is blonde, platinum blonde).  Candace is at work, so I decided to go and pick up some more hair dye alone.  I always forget which color I used the month before and just pick one.  Well, let’s just say that today was a big mistake.  I bought an ash blond, the lightest one on the shelf.  I wanted to look really cool.  I guess blue looks cool, kind of like ice blue.  Oh, I am really going to have interesting hair for the next month.  I do not dare color it again, least I fry it.  I guess I could always go dark, but I’m not going to chicken out.  Like Rockhound said, “It’s time to embrace the horror.”

            Tonight we ate more turkey from Thanksgiving. We thought it was all gone and then Brian found a huge container in the refrigerator.  Boy am I happy, that was a tasty bird!  We also played “what’s in the fridge” and emptied out all of the bowls of extras from the last couple of days.  Before you get totally horrified with me only eating left-overs (again), I made corn bread and Italian eggplant backed in the oven.  Yum!

            Italian Eggplant 

            Slice an eggplant lengthwise into four pieces.  Cut each of those pieces lengthwise twice.  Now cut 2 inch slices and put them in a bowl.  Pour olive oil over the pieces, shake salt, Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese over the pieces.  Now shake the bowl, make sure all the pieces of eggplant are covered in the oily mix.  Place in a 375 F oven. After 10 to 15 minutes, flip all the eggplant over to brown the other side.  Eat plain or with a ranch, or marinara sauce. 

No comments:

Post a Comment