Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Not-So-Fast Chicken Stuffed Baked Potato


My blog is taking over my meal plan.  Today my son texted me about eating his special tomato basil bread with today’s meal.  I knew that we still had plenty of chicken from the night before and thought that a chicken grilled cheese sandwich was in order.  All of a sudden I started to think about the blog, “Do my followers want to read about sandwiches two days in a row?” Not wanting to disappoint, I created a chicken stuffed baked potato.  As I served the meal tonight, I looked at my husband and said, “Do you know why we are not having sandwiches tonight?”  Brian looked at our meal and thought for a moment then replied, “Because you did not want to write about fast food sandwiches two days in a row.”  Rita and I started laughing because Brian hit it right on the head.  

            Not-So-Fast Chicken Stuffed Baked Potato

            Slice one package of portabella mushrooms, dice one small onion, and cut one zucchini into small pieces.  Put two tablespoons of butter in a frying pan and add the prepared vegetables.  Slice the already cooked chicken into bite size pieces, put it them into the frying pan with the vegetables.  When the chicken looks almost completely heated, crush one large garlic clove and add a cup of BBQ sauce with about a cup of water.  Let simmer until it thickens up a bit.  While eating, prepare your baked potato by slicing it and adding butter and sour cream; next, add a healthy portion of the chicken mixture.  Then:  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment