Total Pageviews

Monday, November 21, 2011

Grilled Smoked Chicken Sandwiches with Onions


            Sometimes in life you want to feel like a master chef, and other times you would just like to make a tasty sandwich without a lot of hassle.  Once a month I like to go to the butcher and buy all of my meat for the next four weeks.  Last time I went shopping I had my blog in mind.  It was time to start trying products that I’ve never bought before.  One of the many that I bought was a smoked chicken.  It appeared to me that I was getting only chicken meat, but today when I opened it I realized that it was a whole chicken!  I immediately thought about making a soup with part of the meat and bones.  Smoked chicken bones would really add a nice flavor to a soup.  Although that is another blog day, today I made special gilled smoked chicken sandwiches with onions.  One bite into the grilled bun told me I made a fabulous lunch plan.  I made them on mini buns, which would be great for a luncheon or potluck.   

            Grilled Smoked Chicken Sandwiches with Onions

            Place whole wheat buns in a pan, cut in half and buttered; grill bun until golden brown.  At the same time, cut a ½ an onion in slices and sauté in butter.  Cook until they start to get brown.  Add 1 cup of cut up smoked chicken, (I am sure any type of chicken will do) heat chicken while mixing in the onions.  On one side of a bun put mayonnaise and on the other bun put some mustard.  Add the chicken onion mix and start eating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment