Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Open Face Turkey Sandwich

            I have a couple more weeks left of the semester.  Six more classes to go and I will graduate with an English bachelors and a Writing minor.  I never thought that I would even go back to school ever, no less in my forties.  I’ve learned a lot about myself in these past years.  I am smarter than I ever gave myself credit, even though I am ADHD Dyslexic I can get an English degree, (although forget about the math) and I really love learning.  Who would have ever thought that a girl that hated reading in elementary school would learn to love Classic literature and especially period British literature?  Well I did and every dollar spent toward college has been worth it.  One of the most exciting points about going to college has been, true to the Rabourn way of doing things, having my daughter in some of my classes, my husband in many classes, and my son choosing to sit with his parents in public at college.  Kids at school talk about that family who eats and hangs out together at college and how strange it must be to go to school with your parents; "Oh yeah, do you have something you are hiding from your parents?"   They’ve said that they went to school to escape their parents, and here our kids go to classes with us.  This is so like our family.  My daughter and I enjoyed art classes together so much that now we are thinking of going to culinary school together.  

            Today’s food: Thanksgiving leftovers, our refrigerator is full with them and they must be eaten.  For lunch Brian and I ate one of my childhood favorite post-Thanksgiving meals:  open faced turkey sandwich with hot gravy over the top.  It doesn’t get any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment