Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

FAST Chicken Roll-up Sandwich


            Fast food has a different meaning in every household.  To one family it might mean a quick run through the golden arches “drive-thru” window. Some may want to run to Subway, order a pizza to pick up on the way home, or quickly whip something up in the kitchen.  No matter what your definition of “Fast food” is in your home, it still means grabbing for food without a long wait.  Tonight I prepared my version of a fast meal:  chicken wraps.  Before I started making dinner, the dishes in my sink reminded me that I ran out of dish soap yesterday.  I have a huge aversion to cooking in a dirty kitchen and “quickly” ran off to the Meijers.  As Brian and I walked into the store, the aroma of rotisserie chicken demanded that we take one home, and not later, right now!  Like hound dogs, we sniffed our way to the chicken counter where the deal was sealed when I saw the special of the day “sale” sign over our beloved bird.  A half an hour later, we were digging into my idea of “Fast food”. 

            FAST Chicken Roll-up Sandwich

            Take one large Sun-dried tomato and Basil tortilla / flat-bread and lay it flat on a plate.  Take a piece of provolone cheese and slice it in two, lay the two pieces down the center of the bread, one end of the cheese touching the other.  Cut up chicken and place the pieces on top of the cheese.  Next, put chopped Roman lettuce, red onions, green peppers and any other vegetable that you would like to add on inside the sandwich.  After that, add mayo, mustard or whatever type of sauce you prefer.  Roll the sandwich by first folding the ends in so that the food will not fall out while eating.  Now roll the tortilla up and cut in half.  This is a great way to eat a sandwich without all the carb calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment