Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

French Fries


For the last six months Fen repeatedly asked to go potty outside and walk around for fifteen minutes, having fun sniffing the different plants and animal tracks in our yard.  Tonight a nice cold wind is blowing in some frigid air, so when he asked me to go out I was worried that he would want to walk around smelling everything that he can find.  Not tonight.  At this time, I’ve figured out a trick which I am sure to have to alter once the snow falls, that is, I don’t put his coat on and he goes quickly just to get back in the house.  Actually, he decided to chew up his warm winter attire and now I need to sew him some new ones.  Just after supper, Fen jumped on my lap and started licking my face to tell me he needed out.  I was not happy to have to face the cold, but he is not a cat and must go outside; he doesn’t use the cat box, except as a snack bar.  I threw a coat on, and put on his leash.  We walked outside in the whipping cold air.  I needed to be careful that I did not turn my face toward the arctic breeze or it would dry out and chap.  Luckily, before I even had a chance to get cold, Fen was done and running for the house.  

            Tonight we ate burgers, home aid French fries, and cauliflower. We had our nephew Ben and his wonderful wife Tina over to eat.  It was a perfect meal and a great visit.  

            French Fries

Wash potatoes so that they are really clean.  Slice in half from end to end. Take one half and slice it into ¼ inch pieces, repeat with all the potatoes.  Put in a large bowl and pour about 4 glugs of olive oil over the wedges, add salt and Italian seasoning. Cover the bowl and shake well. This will get all of the oil and seasoning evenly distributed on the potatoes.  Lay flat on a cookie sheet or a flat pan and put in a 400 F oven, turn over after wedges are golden brown, brown the other side and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment