Total Pageviews

Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday

            Black Friday:  the busiest shopping day of the year, the day that I vow to never be caught in a store.  About six years ago my friend Tracy and our girls had the bright idea to wake up early and fight the crowds.  We must have hit the wrong stores because we did not find any store busier than the mall back in the prosperous years in America.  I remember as a child going to Fairlane Town Center mall in the Detroit area.  Now that place had large crowds; Fairlane was the first three story mall in the Detroit area in the 1970’s.  For a young kid, it was absolutely amazing to be able to look down from the third floor all to the first floor.  Great for those who love to go people watching.  Every time we went shopping there, mom would stop at the store that made only cookies, another thing not heard of back in the 70’s, and let us select our “cookie of the day”.  I always love the sugar cookies that had Rice Krispies in it.  What a fabulous invention!  Back when my friend and I went shopping on Black Friday the stores opened at 5:00 am.  Today they open at midnight and the craziest thing is that people are willing to stand in a line for hours to get a good buy.  Well, I refuse to bow down to the God of Black Friday.  I would rather pay full price than risk being pepper sprayed in the face like the people at Walmart experienced in California this morning.  

            As for cooking today, that was not going to happen.  Since Thanksgiving was served at my home, I did enough cooking yesterday for two days.  I have a refrigerator full waiting for us to eat. 








                                                         This is not what I call fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment