Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Hot Mushroom Spaghetti Sauce


            I think someone turned off the heat in Michigan.  This morning I woke up to white fluffy stuff falling from the sky.  O.K., I understand that my state is in the north and we are going to have snow.  If the weather man has his way, we will end up with 100 inches by the end of the winter months.  Believe me, I love snow.  I don’t always love being cold, though, but it is far better than being too hot.  This summer it was so hot outside and inside, and we do not have air conditioning in our home.  Our fish take got all foggy.  I was really worried, but Ron and Serious are apparently quite hardy and did not die in their personal Jacuzzi.  Now their tank is much cooler.  I was smart to have Koi; they are very low maintenance. Taking Fen out to go potty, I realized that I prefer the hood up on my coat rather than down.  Each time I have to take my nearly naked dog out, he gives me a look of dismay.  I can almost hear him thinking, “Who turned off the heat?”

            Today was a very busy day with school and homework.  I knew that one way to warm up the inside of my home was to have some spaghetti sauce cooking in the Crockpot all day.  There is nothing like walking into a toasty warm home with the smell of dinner greeting you at the door.

            Hot Mushroom Spaghetti Sauce

            Brown one pound of burger in a pan, and put cooked meat into the crock pot. 
            Now add the following ingredients:
 28 oz crushed tomatoes
2 - 6 oz cans of tomato paste
2 cups of water
1 chopped green pepper
2 crushed cloves of garlic
2 bay leaves
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
A pinch of cinnamon
1 heaping teaspoon of season salt
1 tablespoon of Basil
1 teaspoon of Oregano
1 heaping teaspoon of Italian seasoning
 1 package of cut up mushrooms that have been sautéed 

  Start the sauce first thing in the morning, cook on medium to low depending on how long you will be gone.  When you get home, put the sauce in a container that can go in the oven and has a lid.  Put sauce in a 350 F oven for one hour.  When serving, pour over your favorite noodle.

No comments:

Post a Comment