Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Pumpkin Pudding


One thing that I cannot understand is why my fingers beg me daily to write and yet, at the same time, my mind is blank of anything worthy of writing. Communicating with my friends via Skype and Facebook gives my fingers a constant platform for complaining about under use.  

Every morning I  check my facebook and Skype to see if there is anyone in Europe is on to talk to.  Most days, I wake up way too early for my American friends and family leaving me plenty of time to chat with my Eruo-family. Usually, the first person for me to speak to each morning lives 6,000 miles from my front door, my great Slovenian friend Darja.  Normally we chat about what’s going on at that moment or what took place since we last chatted, like less than twenty-four hours earlier.  No matter what the conversation is my fingers start singing each time they tap on the keyboard, “Write something. Anything, just start writing again!”

Starting small is a great place so I have two for the price of one recipes:  Beef and Bacon Sloppy Joe’s and Pumpkin Pudding.

Beef and Bacon Sloppy Joe’s

Brown one pound of ground burger in a big pot.  Add 1/4 pound of cut into small pieces bacon, 1 chopped onion, 1 chopped green pepper, 2 chopped cloves of garlic, 1 small cubed large tomato cooking until the vegies are tender and the bacon is half way cooked.  Add: 1 cup + Ketchup, 1/4 cup mustard, 3 tablespoons of honey, 10 shakes of Soy Sauce, 1 teaspoon red peppers, salt and 1/2 cup of brown sugar. Cook for about 10 min, stirring occasionally.

Put a lid on the pot and place it in a 375 pre-heated oven.  Cook for an hour to hour in a half.  

Serve on burger bun.


Pumpkin Pudding

In a  pan place equal parts pumpkin (small can), milk, and coconut milk. Add: 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon clove, 1 tablespoon ginger, and 1 teaspoon pie spice.  Stir in 4 eggs and a 1/2 cup brown sugar.   Cook until it starts to boil.  

Place in a 350 pre-heated oven, cook for about an hour or until thickens.

In a frying pan add: 2 tablespoons of butter, 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, and 1/4 cup brown sugar.  Heat until nuts are candied coated.

Sprinkle over the pumpkin pudding and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment